Reports To: Controller
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Aberdeen, SD
Job Summary: The business analyst reports to the Controller and is Demkota’s primary resource for providing insights into the business and the markets we operate in. This role will own several reporting functions and while the position will report through finance, he/she will spend much of their time working with a wide variety of departments in the company. A successful candidate will enjoy an environment where each day is different than the last and will have excellent analytical, communication, and problem-solving skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with an array of departments to create, maintain, and improve reports that drive decision making. Departments include Operations, Sales, Procurement, HR, and others.
- This role will include a large amount of ad hoc analysis projects. Topics can include expenses, yields, sales performance, labor efficiency, etc.
- Analyze and assist in maintaining yield reports.
- Update and maintain weekly inventory costs for new and existing products.
- Analyze daily production results as compared to standard and historical values and report on sales, production, and usage variances.
- Work with operations staff and management to continuously improve operational performance.
- Conduct meetings and presentations as needed to share findings, elicit feedback, and brainstorm new ideas.
- Evaluate proposed business and technical solutions to ensure they meet the defined goals.
- Provide information to the rest of the accounting department for booking month end entries and supporting financial and operational audits.
- Support periodic physical inventories of finished goods, supplies, and packaging through analysis and reporting.
- Assist in ERP migration project via testing, process writing and providing support to other departments.
- Participate in the annual budget and ongoing weekly estimates and forecast updates.
- Investigate data irregularities and make recommendations to resolve any issues.
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Advanced competency in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to detect issues and resolve discrepancies in data and reporting.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to work cooperatively and influence others.
- Must be 18 yrs. of age and authorized to work in the United States.
- Must pass pre-employment random drug test to be eligible for employment.
- Must pass credit and criminal background check.
- Experience with SQL and data reporting software a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or another business or quantitative field.
- Ability to sit, bend, move.
- Office Environment.
Conditions of Employment:
- Obey all safety rules and exercise caution in all work activity.