Director of Supply Chain
Reports To: CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Aberdeen, SD
Job Summary: The Director of Supply Chain serves as a critical interface between Sales, Production, Warehouse, Transportation, and Finance to ensure a smooth customer service experience from the beginning of the sales process to the point of the customer receiving the product. Responsible for managing a staff of 8, currently consisting of Customer Service Representatives, Transportation Manager, Transportations Clerks and a Production Scheduler.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate an environment where the Sales Teams can remain focused on selling by addressing issues and obstacles that require attention
- Oversight of the company’s Transportation and Logistics initiatives for finished goods.
- Manage Customer Service Representatives for optimal team and individual performance
- Responsible for directing Production Scheduling and Deficit Freight duties and goals
- Ensures clear and professional communications with all department, including; Sales, Production, Warehouse, Transportation, QA and Finance. Address issues for solutions and problem solving
- Transportation, Logistics, Routing software utilization, and vendor negotiation skills
- Attention to details while focusing on big picture, utilizing data to drive decisions
- Excellent mediation skills.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to train in small groups or one-on-one.
- Accountability skills and ability to hold other accountable.
- Strong coaching skills.
- Must be organized, with exceptional time management skills.
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States.
- Ability to work flexible schedule.
- High School degree required.
- BS Degree preferred
- Ability to sit, stand, talk, walk, bend.
- Must follow safety rules and exercise caution in all work-related activities.
- Office environment that can be hot or cold. Approximately 8-10 per day.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.
- Must pass pre-employment drug test if one is offered to be eligible for employment.
- Must be bondable and pass a background check.
- Monday to Friday with weekend oversight
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.