Harvest Supervisor (Area 1)
Reports To: Harvest Manager & Harvest Superintendent
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Location: Aberdeen, SD
Job Summary: Direct a single-site operation for busy slaughter plant to ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower and yields. Ensure employee safety, product quality and product integrity. Responsible for 35+ employees.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to employees through effective communication, coaching, training, and development.
- Acts as a member of the management team and performs other duties as directed by position or required by the Operations Manager.
- Manage the scheduling of production: set work schedules and set departmental goals and expectations.
- Supervisory responsibility includes management of employee performance, discipline, development, planning and training.
- Develops, monitors, and implements departments budgets and production forecasts.
- Develops, analyzes, and presents reports, including but not limited to, forecasts, productivity, and safety.
- Facilitate workflow management, workforce scheduling, and employee placement to ensure the facility and company goals are successfully met or exceeded. Provide technical expertise to resolve production issues and creates and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
- Manage departmental procurement of supplies and equipment.
- Utilize problem solving techniques, teamwork building strategies, process control, and continuous process improvement tools to meet or exceed the facility key operating statistics.
- Plans and monitors throughput and efficiencies for the department. Monitors and takes appropriate timely improvement action to meet production quality and quantity.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining safety standards as required by law and company policy.
- Manage compliance with all regulatory bodies including USDA, FDA, EPA, OSHA, etc.
- Fill out daily production reports (Time sheet, efficiency reports, etc.
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English
- 5+ years department management and 3 years direct supervisory experience, preferably, but not required
- At least 2 years’ experience in the meat industry with emphasis on fabrication or slaughter operations.
- Must have good all-around knowledge of production operations and techniques, food safety, product yields, and USDA regulations. Basic knowledge of OSHA
- Proven facilitation and leadership skills.
- Ability to interact in an effective manner with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment and random drug test to be eligible for employment
- Ability to communicate effectively in a diverse workforce and upper management
- Obey safety rules and exercise caution in all work activities
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, lift 50 pounds frequently, push and pull in a hot environment for 8-10 hours/day
Conditions of Employment:
- Must pass a back-ground check.