Sales Manager – Trim
Reports To: Vice President of Sales
FLSA Status: Non Exempt
Location: Remote Option
Job Summary: The Sales Manager – Trim is responsible to meet sales and/or profitability objectives. This position will identify marketplace opportunities, prospect, engage new clients, develop proposals, and manage the contract process. Continual prospecting is protocol. Accounts development and growth of new products and volume are key to this role. Up to the minute market knowledge is developed via customer and internal sales team communications on an ongoing basis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve tight weekly deadlines and meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
- Prospecting and developing new client relationships.
- Consulting with clients on needs and business objectives, to include product and volume growth.
- Developing innovative proposals.
- Making actionable and insightful recommendations for products or services.
- Resolving sales or delivery issues while maintaining and growing relationships.
- Develops clear and effective quotations for current and prospective customers.
- Expedites the resolution of complaints or financial claims.
- Coordinates sales effort with marketing, sales management, and accounting.
- Potentially one to two direct reports.
- Strong listening, presentation, and business networking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong influencing skills, superior business acumen and negotiation skills.
- Extensive beef industry knowledge and cuts.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, planning and organizational skills.
- Fast paced industry requires fluid multi-tasking capability.
- 2 or more year’s protein sales, preferably beef.
- Bachelors or advanced degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences.
- Additional related experience and formal education will be considered in which one has gained the knowledge, skills and abilities required for full performance of the job.
- Ability to sit for long periods while speaking on the phone.
- Continual phone calls throughout the day.
- Limited travel.
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates selected for employment may be subject to medical examinations to determine ability to perform the job.
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.