Reports To: Director of Operations
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Aberdeen, SD
Job Summary: Manages the Warehouse to ensure all safety and quality processes are delivering on the company objectives. This includes planning, organizing, and controlling the entire shipping operations of the plant. As a perishable product facility, ensuring inventory control and adherence to FIFO processes is critical. This skilled leader will supervise, train, and develop team members. As a member of the leadership team, this team player will ensure proper communication with other departments.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze shipping and warehouse issues and recommend solutions, such as improving shipping methods or implementing motivational plans
- Record information such as personnel, pounds or cases shipped, or operational data on specified forms or reports
- Observe, receive, and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources
- Inspect equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects
- Set performance standards and monitor performance providing guidance, direction, and motivation
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members within and outside of department
- Coach, mentor, or help others to improve their knowledge and/or skills and ensure appropriate disciplinary action delivered as necessary
- Ensure Supervisors and Foreman run their areas productively and efficiently
- Manage outside contractors for guard and shag services
- Act as a liaison between departments
- Ensure all team members are following plant safety, quality, and attendance procedures
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of all plant industrial equipment.
- Minimize downtime and maximize efficiencies
- Tour department frequently to ensure team members are performing their work properly and safely, all while building employee morale
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Manage departmental budget and ensure goals are met
- Accurately monitor and control inventory, to include spot checks, receiving validation, manifest reviews, and physical inventories
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in shipping operations
- Minimum 5 years supervisory, coaching, managing experience, preferably in a Warehouse
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective communication skills (bi-lingual a plus)
- High school diploma or GED with college training preferred
- Must be able read, write and speak English
- Ability to stand, bend, and lift 100 pounds
- Perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, and stooping, as needed.
- Ability to work 10-12 hours a day in a cooler and/or freezer
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.