Wastewater Operator Tech II
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Location: Aberdeen, SD
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating and maintaining wastewater treatment equipment including piping, pumps, valves and wastewater treatment equipment such as screening systems, dissolved air flotation equipment, aeration equipment, flow meters and lagoons.
- Record and monitor readings and make operational adjustments as required.
- Monitor flow and treatment of raw sources.
- Monitor control panels and adjust as required.
- Inspect equipment as required.
- Testing and samples as necessary.
- May operate and maintain power generating equipment.
- Treat with chemicals as necessary.
- Follow Federal, State and Local Environmental Agency permits and regulations.
- Ensure Safety standards are met.
- Must have South Dakota Class II Wastewater Operation Certification
- 5 + years’ experience in wastewater operations or design.
- Strong reading, writing and math skills. Must be able to read and write English fluently.
- Demonstrated ability to develop rapport and communicate effectively with a variety of people at all levels and cultures
- Must be 18 years of age and authorized to work in the United States
- Follow company safety rules and exercise caution in all work activities
- Ability to see, sit, stand, hear, bend, walk, and talk for 8-10 hours per day
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Ability to enter operations areas. Tolerate heat and cold.
- Wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
- May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity.
- May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db to 110 db.
- May be exposed to all chemicals used in a beef, food, processing facility.
- Plant environment
Conditions of Employment:
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.